The Honorable Edward L. Artau
| Division: |
Circuit Civil "AF"
Main Judicial Complex
"AF" DIVISIONAL NEWS:
*** STARTING JANUARY 17, 2017, JUDGE ARTAU WILL BE CONDUCTING HEARINGS IN COURTROOM 9D. ***
- **** ALL PAPERWORK FOR THE JUDGE'S REVIEW (COURTESY COPIES OF NOTICE OF HEARINGS AND/OR MOTIONS, AGREED ORDERS, PROPOSED ORDERS, PROPOSED FINAL JUDGMENTS, MEMOS OF LAW, BRIEFS, RESPONSES, CASE LAW, ETC..) MUST EITHER BE SENT TO THE JUDGE'S OFFICE VIA U.S. REGULAR MAIL OR VIA HAND-DELIVERY TO THE 1ST FLOOR DROP BOX IN THE MAIN COURTHOUSE. OUR OFFICE DOES NOT ACCEPT THE FOREGOING VIA E-MAIL. ****
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT OUR DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS. THIS PAGE IS JUST DIVISIONAL NEWS. CLICK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THIS WEBPAGE - 4TH ONE DOWN - FOR DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS.
- THE CLERK'S OFFICE OPERATING HOURS FOR THE PUBLIC ARE 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, MONDAY - FRIDAY.
- PLEASE NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION - FOR ALL DOCUMENTS THAT NEED TO BE RECORDED IN THE PUBLIC RECORDS, I.E.: ORDERS OF DISMISSAL, VOLUNTARY DISMISSALS, FINAL JUDGMENTS (CONSENT FJ, DEFAULT FJ, SUMMARY FJ, AMENDED FJ), ORDERS VACATING FJ, ORDERS CANCELLING SALES, ORDER SETTING ASIDE, VACATING, AMENDING CERTIFICATES OF TITLE, WRITS OF GARNISHMENT, ETC.. MUST COMPLY WITH SUPREME COURT RULE OF JUDICIAL ADMNISTRATION 2.520. THESE DOCUMENTS MUST HAVE A 3" BY 3" SPACE AT THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER ON THE FIRST PAGE AND A 1" BY 3" SPACE AT THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER ON EACH SUBSEQUENT PAGE. ALSO, ALL DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE COURT MUST HAVE A 1" MARGIN ON ALL SIDES FOR THE CLERK'S DATE AND TIME STAMPS. IF YOUR PROPOSED DOCUMENT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE SUPREME COURT REQUIREMENT, THE CLERK OF COURT WILL NOT RECORD YOUR PLEADING AND OUR OFFICE WILL BE FORCED TO RETURN SAME TO YOU IN ORDER TO BE CORRECTED.
- Circuit Civil Division "AF" DOES participate in Judicial E-Service (FROM COURT TO COUNSEL ONLY) IF all parties are represented by counsel and have a valid e-mail address. When submitting a proposed Order and Judgment to our office (please submit via U.S. regular mail) for Judge Artau's signature (IF all parties are represented by counsel and have a valid e-mail address), you DO NOT have to submit conforming copies or self-addressed stamped envelopes, as the Judicial Assistant will e-mail the signed Order/Judgment back to counsel.
- IMPORTANT E-SERVICE INFORMATION: In accordance with the 15th Judicial Circuit's Administrative Order 2.310-10/12, please ensure that primary and secondary email addresses are registered with Court Administration at www.15thcircuit.com/web/guest/eservice. A copy of Administrative Order 2.310-10/12 can be found at www.15thcircuit.com/adminorders.
- Please be reminded that the filing of an e-mail designation with the Clerk's Office is NOT a registration with Court Administration for JUDICIAL e-service.
- JUDICIAL e-service is also NOT e-filing. E-filing is done through the Clerk's Office E-portal.
- Our office DOES NOT ACCEPT E-MAIL EXCEPT when given permission from the Judge or Judicial Assistant to send letters/pleadings/proposed Orders and/or Judgments via e-mail. If you wish to e-mail Judge Artau's chambers, you must call and receive permission from his Judicial Assistant.
- To see which divisions are participating in JUDICIAL e-service, please go to www.15thcircuit.com and click on the link "listing of Judicial divisions participating in eservice".
- All Memorandum of Law, Briefs, Responses, copies of case law, courtesy copies of Notices of Hearings/Motions, etc.. for the Judge's review should be either mailed to Judge Artau's office or hand-delivered to the 1st floor drop box of the Main Courthouse, at least 5 business days in advance of the scheduled hearing date/trial date. OUR OFFICE DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY COURTESY COPIES OF THE FOREGOING VIA E-MAIL.
- Please make note of the new Administrative Order 2.311-2/13 which relates to Notice of Change of Address/Substitutions of Counsel and Designation of Attorney of Record. This Administrative Order contains specific language which must be included in the proposed Order submitted to the Court for signature. A copy of Administrative Order 2.311-2/13 can be found at www.15thcircuit.com/adminorders.
- COURTCALL.COM is the service provider used for the purposes of scheduling and appearing at a non-evidentiary hearing via telephone. If you wish to appear at a non-evidentiary hearing via telephone, you must visit courtcall.com and make the appropriate arrangements at least 48 business hours prior to the scheduled hearing date and time. THE JUDGE'S OFFICE STRICTLY ENFORCES THIS RULE SO PLEASE ABIDE BY SAME, ABSENT AN EMERGENCY CIRCUMSTANCE. Please be advised the Court does not set the fees imposed by Courtcall and the Court has no control over same. If you wish to appear at a hearing via telephone, you will be required to pay Courtcall's service fee/charge.
- To set a telephonic appearance for a hearing that is presently set, please go to courtcall.com and/or call 1-888-882-6878 and follow the instructions. No Motion or Order for telephone appearance is require, however, your opposing counsel/party must be aware that you are appearing via telephone. **
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU CANNOT APPEAR BY TELEPHONE AT THE FOLLOWING MATTERS: Calendar Call or Evidentiary Hearings
- Our office DOES NOT accept faxes.
- Our office CANNOT and WILL NOT accept any ex-parte personal correspondence on a case. If you have a matter to bring to the Court's attention, please file the proper Motion with the Clerk of Court, and copy all parties and/or counsel in the case with said Motion.
last updated: 03/31/2017