The Honorable Jeffrey Dana Gillen
| Division: |
Circuit Civil "AE"
205 N Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Divisional News "AE"
Brief overview of instructions.
ONLY AUTHORIZED EMAILS ARE ACCEPTED. Review the Divisional News and Divisional Instructions for guidance or contact the judicial assistant.
NOTE: DOCUMENTS FILED IN THE E-PORTAL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 2-4 DAYS TO BE DOCKETED AND VIEWED. It is extremely important to file your documents timely for the judge to review.
COURTROOM MEDIA REQUESTS FOR TRIAL: Complete the Media Request Form located on the 15th Circuit Court webpage. Click on FOR ATTORNEYS for the form. Complete the form and email it to court technology at least 5 days prior to trial. The judicial assistant does not handle any courtroom issues or requests regarding equipment used for trials.
NEW: The system now allows attachments for the judge to review when submitting orders for signature. DO NOT ATTACH DOCUMENTS TO ORDERS SPECIALLY SETTING HEARINGS. The attachments are not retained once the order is efiled.
DO NOT SUBMIT ORDERS TO THE DIVISIONAL CAD - They will be returned unexecuted with instructions to send them through the on-line services system as outlined below.
- Judge Gillen's division is currently using the Judicial Viewer System ("JVS"). ALL Orders should be submitted through the on-line services system without a signature line, as the orders will be signed electronically and will be efiled and eserved. If the order being submitted is regarding a hearing held in open court, the date of that hearing must be included in the first sentence of the order. ALL ORDERS/JUDGMENTS ARE TO BE REVIEWED BY ALL COUNSEL OF RECORD PRIOR TO SUBMISSION. Do not submit any orders in anticipation of an upcoming hearing.
- Orders submitted for cases involving pro se litigants: the order must indcate that the moving party will be serving the pro se party with a copy of the order via US Mail.
- NOTE: When setting a hearing online, the order setting hearing is immediately uploaded for signature. The online scheduling system does not allow you to hold dates, so you must be sure the date is coordinated with all parties prior to setting the hearing. ALL MOTIONS MUST BE FILED AND DOCKETED WITH THE CLERK PRIOR TO SCHEDULING A SPECIAL SET HEARING. ALL ORDERS MUST INCLUDE THE DOCKET NUMBER OF THE MOTION WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE CLERK'S WEBISITE.
- Orders/judgments must be in WORD FORMAT, with the case style & case number on the left margin - not the right margin. Do not use any type of box for case style & case number, or the formatting with be off.
- To submit your order/judgment: Log on to the 15th Judicial Circuit website and click the online scheduling button. Click "continue to online scheduling application" and sign in with user name and password and add case number. Pick the 3rd option: UPLOAD YOUR OWN CUSTOM ORDER.
- Training videos have been posted on YouTube. Please open YouTube on the internet and search "15th judicial circuit of Florida" for more information. Should you have questions concerning the system, email your questions and feedback to CAD-WEB@pbcgov.org
NEW: JURY INSTRUCTION SUPPLEMENT TO TRIAL ORDER: See Forms & Orders
EX-PARTE MOTIONS: The motion must contain a "separate certification signed by counsel" substanially similar to this: I hereby certify that I have in good faith conferred or attempted to confer with the oppostin in an effort to resolve the issue without court action.
UMC: Schedule your hearing on line and submit a courtesy copy of the documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT LINE: UMC/date of hearing/style of case: NOTE: UMC dates are only posted 30 days out. You may only schedule a UMC hearing on the dates provided on line until the UMC calendar it is updated.
- Monday UMC is held from 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.ONLY
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday is held at 8:45 a.m.
UMC Hearings, 15 minute and 30 minute special set hearings are scheduled on-line. Foreclosure cases must contact the JA to special set hearings. See divisional instructions for more detailed information.
Note: If you resolve or re-set your UMC hearing, please be sure to cancel it on line, so the date is available for other cases. Special set hearings cannot be cancelled. Set a motion to continue on the court's UMC calendar.
Each case is only permitted to have ONE special set hearing on the on-line calendar, unless specifically authorized by the court. For cases that have more than one pending motion, the parties need to work together and have all the motions heard at one time on the court's trial docket. See divisional instructions for more detailed information.
*Motions for Summary Final Judgment, unless based on a default, will not be heard on the UMC Calendar and must be specially set.
Motions to withdraw:
* The Order Granting a Motion to Withdraw must include language in the body of the Order indicating the name of the plaintiff/defendant and the street address that all future pleadings are to be sent. All Orders must be presented to the court with a self-addressed stamped envelope for each party.
E-service To The Court:
*Only certain documents are permitted to be e-served to the court. General communications are NOT handled via e-mail. See the new instructions listed above for submission of orders.
*Documents pertaining to specially set hearings are NOT permitted to be e-served to the court. The documents are to be furnished timely via hard-copy to the court pursuant to the Order Specially Setting Hearing.
*It is the responsibility of the filing party to furnish all signed stipulations directly to the Clerk of Court. The Judicial Assistant will NOT e-file signed stipulations unless it is part of the Order of Dismisal and contains the3x3 blank spaced requred for recording purposes.
E-service From The Court:
*Division AE will e-serve most orders to registered attorneys and registered pro se parties who are registered for e-service and who have not been excused from e-mail service. See Divisional Instructions for more detailed information.
Trial Dockets: (Residential Foreclosures see the divisional instructions regarding trials) See Forms & Orders for Clerk's Instructions & labels for trial exhbits.
*Notice of Settlement: When a case is settled as to ALL PARTIES and is currently set on a trial docket, Plaintiff's counsel shall e-serve a Notice of Settlement to the court. The Notice must state that all issues are resolved and indicate what trial docket it is set on. Please see the divisional instructions for more detailed information regarding E-service to the court.
*Generally, cases requesting 6 or more days, will be set for Summary JuryTrial. In some cases, the court could require a summary jury trial on cases less than 5 days.
*Trial calendars are eight weeks long, unless otherwise noted.
*Cases are currently being set on the May 8th - June 30th trial docket.
*To appear for a hearing via telephone, contact the judicial assistant at least five (5) business days prior to the hearing date to get the instructions. After you have contacted the JA, you may contact court call at: 1-888-882-6878 to make your arrangements. No Motion or Order is required; however, in some cases, the parties must agree. For UMC Hearings, one party must appear in person and you must notify opposing counsel/party that you are appearing via telephone, as well as advise them to advise the court deputy when they appear for the hearing.
Please review Amendment to Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.520(d)(1):
*Documents prepared and filed by the court or by any party to a proceeding which are to be recorded in the public records of any county, require a 3 inch by 3 inch space at the top right-hand corner on the FIRST page and a 1 inch by 3 inch space at the top-right hand corner on each subsequent page shall be left BLANK and reserved for use by the clerk of court.
last updated: 09/29/2016