The Honorable Kathleen J Kroll
*** NEW ****
ONLINE SCHEDULING FOR UNIFORM MOTION CALENDAR
Uniform Motion Calendar ("UMC") hearings are held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8:45 A.M. and are set through the Online Scheduling System at www.15thcircuit.com. Only non-evidentiary motions that DO NOT require testimony can be scheduled during UMC.
Judge Kroll will review all Motions, Memoranda of Law and legal authority in advance of UMC Hearings. Accordingly, please provide a courtesy copy of all materials for review in advance of all hearings. Courtesy copies of all UMC materials should be uploaded to the E-Courtesy system as indicated below.
You do not need to call the Judicial Assistant to schedule or cancel a UMC hearing.
Parties MUST comply with Local Rule No. 4* when scheduling matters on the UMC docket.
Attorney must first file the original motion and notice of hearing with the Clerk's office and give opposing side(s) at least five (5) working days' notice, unless short notice has been agreed on by the parties.
DO NOT mail courtesy hard copies of the UMC Notice of Hearing or Motions to the court.
Parties are required to bring to court: copies of the motion, notice of hearing and proposed order with sufficient copies and stamped/addressed envelopes for all parties not registered for e-service.
Cancellation of hearings. To cancel a hearing scheduled for UMC, the scheduling attorney's office must login to the www.15thcircuit.com Online Scheduling System, select "Uniform Motion Calendar Scheduling"; Select "Cancel Hearings" and follow the directions on the screen. Please do not call the Judicial Assistant to schedule or cancel a UMC hearing. As a courtesy please notify opposing counsel when cancelling a UMC hearing.
Click here to learn more about e-courtesy
STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL RULE 4
Local Rule 4 has been amended and now requires attorneys to "make reasonable efforts to actually speak to one another" in a genuine effort to narrow disputes before seeking court intervention.
The certification requirement has also changed and provides only two options to be used without modification:
_____ Counsel has conferred with all parties who may be affected by the relief sought in the motion in a good faith effort to resolve or narrow the issues raised.
_____ Counsel has made reasonable efforts to confer with all parties who may be affected by the relief sought in the motion but has been unable to do so.
If you have not complied with these amended requirements, please reschedule your hearing.
IMPORTANT E-SERVICE INFORMATION: In accordance with the 15th Judicial Circuit's Administrative Order 2.310-10/12, please ensure that primary and secondary email addresses are registered with Court Administration at www.15thcircuit.com/web/guest/eservice. A copy of Administrative Order 2.310-10/12 can be found at www.15thcircuit.com/adminorders.
- Please be reminded that the filing of an e-mail designation with the Clerk's Office is NOT a registration with Court Administration for JUDICIAL e-service.
- JUDICIAL e-service is also NOT e-filing. E-filing is done through the Clerk's Office E-portal.
*** PLEASE NOTE - IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW REGARDING E-SERVICE ***
- Please be advised that Family Division "FJ is participating in Judicial E-Service (from the Court to Counsel), if all parties are represented by counsel and have a valid e-mail address. When submitting a proposed order or Judgement to our office, via U.S. Mail, for Judge Kroll's signature(If all parties are represented by Counsel and have a valid e-mail address, you DO NOT have to submit envelopes or extra copies of the order for conforming, as the Judicial Assistant will e-mail the signed Order / Judgement back to counsel. Pro Se litigants may also opt to received documents via E-Service by filing a Notice of Designation of EMail Address for E-Service form.
- Please make note of the new Administrative Order 2.311-2/13 which relates to Notice of Change of Address/Substitutions of Counsel and Designation of Attorney of Record. This Administrative Order contains specific language which must be included in the proposed Order submitted to the Court for signature. A copy of Administrative Order 2.311-2/13 can be found at www.15thcircuit.com/adminorders.
- Courtcall.com is the service provider used for the purposes of scheduling and appearing at a hearing via telephone. If you wish to appear at a hearing via telephone, you MUST contact courtcall.com and make the appropriate arrangements at least 48 business hours prior to the scheduled hearing date and time.
- Our office DOES NOT accept faxes.
- Our office CANNOT accept any personal correspondence on a case. If you have a matter to bring to the Court's attention, please file the proper Motion with the Clerk of Court.
- INCOME WITHHOLDING FOR SUPPORT ORDER AND FLORIDA ADDENDUM: Please note that the previously used "Income Deduction Order" has now been replaced with the INCOME WITHHOLDING FOR SUPPORT ORDER AND FLORIDA ADDENDUM (IWO). The "IWO" is a required FEDERAL form to be used for all cases involving support.
- ALL Exhibits being submitted to the Court during hearng MUST be marked prior to presenting to the Court with the Case Name, Case Style, Date of Hearing and Exhibit Number.
We cannot give legal advice on how to proceed with your case. If you have questions of a legal nature, or questions concerning how to proceed, please contact or visit the Self Help Center located on the First Floor, Room 1434 of the North County Government Center/Courthouse OR on the Second Floor, Room 2.2200 of the Main Branch Courthouse located at 205 North Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, FL. In addition, the Palm Beach County Bar Association has available a Lawyer Referral and Information Service (561)-687-3266.
last updated: 07/21/2017