This is Divisional News only. See the Divisional Instructions for more detailed information.
Answers to most questions can be found by reviewing the Divisional Instructions. For case-specific questions, the best way to contact the Judicial Assistant is via email at CAD-DivisionAK@pbcgov.org. All parties must be copied on your email.
SENIOR JUDGE RICHARD L. OFTEDAL WILL BE TEMPORARILY OVERSEEING DIVISION AK
Division AK is operating in accordance with the Florida Supreme Court's Administrative Orders, and this Circuit's Administrative Order 12.515. As updated Administrative Orders are issued, this Court will operate in accordance with any new or updated Administrative Orders issued by the Florida Supreme Court and/or the 15th Judicial Circuit.
Appearances in Division AK
Please be sure you are regularly checking back for any changes regarding appearances.
Special Set scheduled via OLS: Zoom, unless indicated otherwise by Order
Special Set scheduled through the JA: Refer to Order Setting Hearing
Case Management Conference: Refer to Order Setting Hearing
Calendar Call: No appearance, E-Calendar Call sheet is to be submitted. Please review the Trial Docket page by clicking the link on the right side of this page for more information.
Non-Jury and Jury Trials: Live in Courtroom 10A
Division AK Static Zoom Meeting Information
ALL REMOTE PROCEEDINGS IN DIVISION AK WILL BE ON THE BELOW STATIC ZOOM LINK
No password necessary.
- US Toll-free 877-853-5257
- US Toll-free 888-475-4499
Civil Differentiated Case Management Plans
At the direction of the Florida Supreme Court, the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit has implemented Differentiated Case Management Plans.
Please use the link below for further details and to review the Civil Case Management Administrative Orders:
Regardless of deadlines agreed upon in a Case Management Plan accepted by the Court, when a trial order is entered, the deadlines in the trial order trump any conflicting deadlines in the accepted Case Management Plan.
Scheduling Hearings and Zoom information
UMC and Special Set hearings (15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes) are scheduled by the parties through the Online Scheduling System in Online Services (OLS):
- For UMC, please include the zoom link information in place of the courthouse address/courtroom number on your notices for UMC.
- For Special Set (15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes), an Order will be auto-generated which will include the Zoom information for you to submit to the Judge upon selecting a date in OLS.
- New Special Set dates for 15, 30, 45, and 60 minute hearings are uploaded onto OLS on the first working day of every month. When trying to coordinate a date, please keep in mind that the dates uploaded on the first working day of the month are typically hearing dates for the following month. (For example, dates uploaded on November 1 are hearing dates/times in December) The Court also adds additional time throughout the month as available and reopens dates/times as agreed orders are signed on previously scheduled hearings. If no dates are available online, parties should continue checking for reopened dates and/or check back on the first working day of the following month. Any and all available dates/times are posted on and must be scheduled through OLS.
- Please review the Divisional Instructions for more detailed information, including information regarding setting hearings in matters that have calendar call within the next 60 days and setting hearings in matters that have received a Case Management Plan with a 30-day or 60-day deadline.
Persons who are interested in listening to the court events may contact the Court’s Public Information Office, Debra Oats, at 561-355-4495 or 561-644-0054 to obtain an access line.
Changes for Submittals of Orders
In compliance with the Florida Supreme Court’s November 1, 2019 Administrative Order (AOSC 19-74), all orders shall be signed electronically by the court. Division AK does not accept hard copies or emailed copies of Orders. Please submit your proposed orders and supporting documents using the online services system for the Judge to review. All Orders for Division AK must be submitted in Word format through Online Services following the hearing. For further information, please review the procedures for submitting orders for UMC and Special Sets in the Division Instructions.
Division AK does not post suspension dates. All UMC and special set hearings are scheduled online on available dates.