Please Take Notice - Div. C is Conducting Hearings In Person in Courtroom 4D. Requests for remote hearings will be handled in accordance with the following procedure:
Any request for a remote hearing must be made by written Motion filed with the Clerk and served on all opposing parties together with a courtesy copy sent to the Court no later than five (5) days before the scheduled hearing. The Motion must indicate (1) whether it's agreed to by all opposing parties; and (2) if speedy trial is being waived.
Please Note: Any request for a remote hearing made by any other means (ex. email, telephone, etc.) will NOT be considered by the Court.
***Note: Effective 9.1.22, Remote Hearings will be held on Thursdays at 1:00 PM***
Meeting Link: Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 824 2752 1203
Dial by your location:
Jury Trials for 1/31/2023:
(listed in order of priority)
|1.||2022-MM-009751||PICADO, EDDY MARVIN||IN CUSTODY|
|2.||2021-MM-002993||BLYE, CAMERRIA TASHEA|
|3.||2021-MM-009795||JOHNSON, COREY ALLAN|
|4.||2022-MM-003118||BARQUIN, JASON RAFAEL|
|5.||2022-MM-003883||CISNEROS, CHRISTIAN RAMON|
|7.||2022-MM-006771||FRENCH, MATTHEW EZZRA|
|8.||2022-CT-006782||HALLIDAY, BRUCE CROSSLEY|
Judge August Bonavita presides over County Criminal Division C in Courtroom Room 4D, Judge Daniel T. K. Hurley Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Hwy., West Palm Beach, Florida, 33401.
Division C email: CAD-DivisionC@pbcgov.org.
- GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ALL MOTIONS:
- Compliance with Local Rule 4 and A.O. 4.101-2/21. Prior to setting a Motion for Hearing, the party or attorney noticing the motion shall attempt to resolve the matter and shall, in the Notice of Hearing, certify that good faith attempts have been made to resolve the matter.
- All hearings that are requested on Motions must be set with the Judicial Assistant. Pursuant to A.O. 4.101-2/21, once a date and time are provided, the moving party shall immediately file a Notice of Hearing with copies served on all parties along with a courtesy copy to the Court. Contact the Judicial Assistant, Carey Helmes, at (561) 355-2330 or by e-mailing at CAD-DivisionC@pbcgov.org. for an available date and time. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Kindly follow all rules of procedure and A.O. 4.101-2/21 (i.e. proper filing and serving copies on opposing parties) when submitting a Motion and proposed Order to the Court for review and consideration. Additionally, a courtesy copy of all motions and proposed Orders must be emailed to Chambers.
- The Divisional email should only be used to communicate with the Court, including providing the Court with courtesy copies of Motions, Notices of Hearing and proposed Orders that are filed with the Clerk as well as to schedule hearings with the Court through the Judicial Assistant. Absent an extraordinary circumstance, motions and/or requests for Court orders that are made by email and not by written motion as outlined above will not be considered by the Court.
PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND CANCEL ANY HEARING THAT IS NO LONGER NEEDED OR RESOLVED PRIOR TO THE HEARING DATE SO THAT OTHERS MAY SCHEDULE THEIR MOTIONS
SHORT MOTION HEARINGS (10 MINUTES MAXIMUM): All motions requiring a hearing of ten (10) minutes or less are generally heard on Monday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
LONG HEARINGS (MORE THAN TEN (10) MINUTES): (e.g. Motions to Suppress, Motions in Limine, Bond Hearings, Restitution Hearings, and other Evidentiary Hearings). All motions requiring more than ten (10) minutes are generally heard on Monday and Friday afternoons.
MOTIONS TO MODIFY PRETRIAL RELEASE, MOTIONS TO REVOKE BOND & MOTIONS TO WITHDRAW CAPIAS: Motions to Modify Pretrial Release, Motions to Revoke Bond and Motions to Withdraw Capias may be set in accordance with Paragraphs 1. and 2. Above. The Defendant's presence is required unless expressly waived by the Court. Note: Motions filed on VOP cases will be heard on Monday and Friday mornings at 10:00 AM
- CASE DISPOSITIONS & ARRAIGNMENTS: Case dispositions and Arraignments are set by the Clerk on Mondays at 8:30 (Pro se and PD cases) and 9:30 a.m. (all others).
- JURY/NON-JURY TRIALS: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are specifically reserved for JURY TRIALS ONLY. Non-Jury Trials are specially set by the Court on Monday, Thursday and Friday afternoons beginning at 1:30 PM.
- SUSPENSION DATES AND HOLIDAYS: For suspension dates and holidays, please refer to the Division C Suspension Calendar or call (561) 355-2330.
- IN-CUSTODY DEFENDANTS: Per the Division's Standing Order, all in-custody Defendants require that an Order to Transport be submitted to CAD-DivisionC@pbcgov.org no later than 4 PM on the day prior to the proceeding (4 pm Fridays for Monday hearings).
- Division C does not participate in Telephonic Hearings.
- Long distance telephone calls will not be returned by the court.
- All communications with the court must be in writing, filed with the Clerk and copied to all parties in the case. Be sure to include the case number, case name, and your telephone number, the reason for said correspondence or documents being sent and, if the case is scheduled for a hearing or trial, include the date and time. The Court does will not respond to ex parte communications.
- Please remember that the Judicial Assistant is not an Attorney and cannot provide you with legal advice.
|Standing Order Regarding Defendants Not to be Transported for Case Disposition Hearings and Status Checks|